Monday, January 7, 2008

new year's in charlotte

So I went to Charlotte to visit my friend Pablo and some RUF sisters in Christ. It was really enjoyable. I had never been to Charlotte before but had worked on a Charlotte Sister Cities project in a multimedia documentary storytelling class...so I had heard a thing or two about it. It's too suburban for my liking...Melanie described it as "damp," like a newborn baby. I could see how in 45 years with some public art and potholes it would be much more agreeable. at any rate, i spent a lot of time in homes. vino, amigos, risa, la vida buena.

here are some pics from pablo's house on new year's eve. i didn't really take my camera outside of the house...polaroids are for that. (see later)









and this last pic is my first photo of the new year. we smashed glasses with our feet at midnight...a great tradition. way to stamp out your frustration with the previous year and say, like joe taught me, "better luck next year!"


No comments: